Re: [NSW] Five (in a car) thought dead after train crash

In article <3A763BDC.24DB8C6@pnc.com.au>, mcreely@pnc.com.au says...
> Unfortuneately Graeme boomgates just wont cut it, as has been stated before
> idiots will drive around them.
>
> What do we do overpass and underpass on every major X-ing big big $$$$$.
> Then what about private X-ings etc. lets face it nobody should be dying.
>
> I don't know what the answer is.
>
> I appreciate what you are saying the loss of life and associated trauma is
> completely unacceptable.  And I agree there is a disaster waiting to
> happen!!!!
>
> It's a shame to say but with all the prcautions under the sun people will
> still persist in trying to kill themselves in motor vehicles(and
> unfortuneately our elected reps in parlament and the dibblers
> (police, for those who don't remember Top Cat)are only interested in hiding
> their speed cameras etc. to raise more revenue not save lives).
>
> I 'll await the barage on this one
>
> BEE EFF

No barrage from me just a pretty simple logic.
If you run a passenger train at 160 km h then you must have boom gates on
all crossings.
The driver of this vehicle did not drive around a boom gate because there
was no boom gate there.