Re: [NSW] Five (in a car) thought dead after train crash

In article <3a760021$0$16391$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
uncledanno@dingoblue.net.au says...

> >  BELLS,LIGHTS, NO GATES=THE OBVIOUS
> STATESMAN,SOUND PROOF,GOOD STEREO,MATES =BULLET PROOF
> XPT,FASTEST PEOPLEMOVER IN THE SOUTHERN HALF.
> =160KMPH WITH A POINTY NOSE
> I PRAY THEY BRIDGE OR BOOM THESE XINGS
> NO MORE PAIN .YOU SAND BAGGERS HAVE NO SHARE HOLDERS YET!!!
> SPEND THE MONEY & MAKE
> GOOD............................................................
>
> FOREVER CHANGE FOR THE BETTER
> PLEASE

Amen to that Danno!
We are absolutely fed up and revolted  with cleaning up all the little
pieces of brain matter,and guts,and searching for missing body parts,over
an area of 200 to 300 meters.
There is not much worse than trying to put a person on to a stretcher who
has broken every bone in their body.They are just like a bowl of Jelly.No
I tell a lie,pulling the limp body of an 8 year old out of the back seat
is a torture in itself.
What I find really weird is that in this day of OH&S in the
workplace,such a scenario would not be allowed to persist in a
factory or office,yet for some twisted argument about lack of funding
railway crossings are not seemingly considered in the equation.
Why doesn't the train drivers union take on the operators to protect
their members and their passengers from an inherently dangerous
situation.
How long will it be before an XPT collides with a fuel tanker and a 6 car
XPT is incinerated.All for the lack of a couple of boom gates.