Re: SCT Traffic

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:35:32 +1100, "Peter J. Vincent"
<pjv101@netspace.com.au> wrote:

>> Im still not convinced that FA need to do this though , ie the thru
>> fuel tanks.
>
>Well I guess I'd be more convinced if you were tell us the difference in
>price between diesel at the terminals ( ie Perth/Melb ) and that of
>Cooke/Kalgoorlie?
>
>I have heard that the cost of fuel is 2-3 times that at each end.
>
>I guess that would be a good incentive.
>
>--
>Peter J. Vincent
>
>Website ............ http://www.netspace.net.au/~pjv101/index.htm

Who have you heard this from and just what is the price.?

Where do NRC refuel their locos and why arnt they affected by such
prices.
Loco diesel fuel is no differant than diesel fuel for trucks or cars .
If truckies or motorists in Kalgoorlie are paying $3 a litre for
diesel fuel ,I think they would be screaming.

MD