Re: SCT Traffic

On the long haul across the West, fuel consumption can
vary greatly due to train working (read, opposing
trains) and good o'l Mother Nature with winds that can
humble the most powerful, irrespective of tabled loads.
I dont like their chances of reaching Kalgoorlie
without "topping up".

CR/ANR/AN had two main refueling points, Cook for
Western trains and Tarcoola for NT trains.

Good point about Pimba, I would imagine somebody with a
road tanker from Woomera would only be too happy, as
long as reasonable reimbursement were forthcoming.
Problem for the rail operators is the fact that the
fuel has to be carried, stored and dispensed a long way
from the Capital cities, it will cost them more.

....Tell