Re: White Bay power station and Menangle Milk siding

Philip Shortus wrote:

> Hey, I have two questions although one is doesn't have really anything too
> do with the railways
>
> 1) I was at White Bay the other day and saw the power station, does anybody
> know when it was closed and decommisioned? I heard it was once used to
> supply power too the trains?

I beleive it last ran in the early 80's when it was recommissioned and
operated for a couple of months due to a major power shortage following
problems at Liddell Power Station. Also, at one stage it was being used
by Sydney University as a research centre. In recent years it has been a
popular location for TV and film productions.

Graham Fry