Re: White Bay power station and Menangle Milk siding

>From "Trolley Wire" in June 1976.
Article: 50 years of Electrification (Sydney Railways)

The NSW Railways owned and operated three large coal fired power
stations prior to the introduction of electric trains, two in Sydney
and one in Newcastle, which supplied power for the tramways and
railway workshops in the two cities and coal wharf cranes in
Newcastle.  Some power was also sold commercially.
White Bay generated 25Hz and 50Hz AC   with Ultimo generating 600V DC
and 25Hz AC.
 At a later date a frequency converter (25Hz to 50Hz) was installed at
White Bay.
Sorry about dates.

1tc86.2695$65.17481@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:1tc86.2695$65.17481@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...