Re: Granville Train Disaster (and its memory)

"BEE EFF" <mcreely@pnc.com.au> wrote in message
3A642C58.D20063EF@pnc.com.au">news:3A642C58.D20063EF@pnc.com.au...
> To one and all,
>
> I have bothered to look at this supposedly informative link again to see
if I was
> wrong in my initial statements.
>
> I sorry to say I don't think so, I don't find this page or any of its
connecting
> links to be an insight into Australias' worst rail disaster, neither does
it give
> informed opinion as to the causes or raise solutions so that this never
happens
> again.
>
> It is one persons obsession with other peoples tragedy and suffering.
>
> I have no problems with a site or book that offers informed opinion, as a
worker
> in the industry I am interested in things that have happened in my field
of
> employment.
>
> But I am sorry to say that link was not  a tribute to the people who
perished or
> those who risked their own lives in unimaginable circumnstances to help
the
> survivors.
>
> And  to whoever changed the title of the original header(from: Granville
Train
> Disaster to Granville Train Disaster(and its memory)), please do not
confuse the
> issue, Vidman is not even vaguely concerned about the memory of these
people(just
> have a look at his home page) He is just another uninformed train wanker.

OK, I was the one who changed the name of the topic, but I have not confused
the issue.
My response was to Russ, who figured that Glenn was wrong and should be
posting goulish shots to obscure newsgroups.

the original message :
    Granville Train Disaster Page,Pics From The Day.
    < url removed>

Never claimed to be a tribute, but I clicked anyway.
My original thought was "nicked from Day of the Roses" and I closed the
page.

In fact, I hadn't given it much more thought, until I started reading the
insults.
What did you expect? A picture of the memorial plaque?
What did you honestly think was going to be posted under such a dubious
title?
Was it your goulish curiosity that got the better of you?

I suppose I would be some sort of Ogre if I published photographs of Clifton
Hill Signal box, it was involved in the Hoddle St "incident" years ago? My
knowledge that my photos contain a part of Melbournes albeit "black" history
is not sickening, its historical.

Some people only ever see things in black and white.. some of you guys
should get some "greyscale".. it allows you to look at the big picture.

> And I still maintain he is a f.ckwit !

I never said he wasn't?

Tony