Re: Granville Train Disaster (and its memory)

"Russ" <russelln@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
3a636db1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:3a636db1@news.iprimus.com.au...

> I suppose you would also consider it appropriate to post pictures of the
> biggest truck accidents where drivers' died, to misc.transport.trucking.
Of
> course, it must also be appropriate to post pictures of dead cops to
> alt.fan.police. How about we fire (no pun intended) off some pics of
toasted
> firemen to alt.firefighters - Just because these tragic things do happen.
>
> I suggest plastic bags, not paper ones.
>
> Go away..
> <Remaining drivel snipped>

Good one Russ,

Lets ban all news items on the grounds that they may offend someone.

I would have loved to have seen the diatribe you produced to the producers
of "Day of the Roses" when it hit the screens.

Yes, Granville was tragic, and I as a 7 year old was terrified by the images
that were broadcast, images that will remain with me for the rest of my
life. I would assume that you would not have watched any of the broadcasts
of that, or any other disaster (rail, road, air, shipping...) because they
are relayed in bad taste....

As an adult, I am still chilled at the thought of what took place on that
day, but the images serve as a reminder, as a history of rail travel in our
country, and revives the memory of the poor passengers who lost their lives
that fateful morning.

On top of it, there are the heroics of the event, those who risked their own
lives in an attempt to save whoever they could from death.

I would assume that you hold a spot in your heart for the heroes of the
day.. pity you don't want people to remember WHY they became heroes.

I suggest if you are offended by rail discussion like this, that you indeed
go away, or at least skip the headers that you think may offend you.

By the way, Sick and twisted thoughts you describe above in a vain attempt
to state your case. You might have noticed that Vidman posted a URL, he
didn't post the pictures. Big difference in my opinion.. if pictures like
this disturb you, then don't click the second link!

Tony.