Re: Duck river Sidng

I don't seem to have full knowledge of the siding but I'm sure it is
industrial and have something to do with the warehouses somewhere
behind the current buildings today (shoe store?). It branched off
somewhere to the right if I can remember.
The 'X'ing sign is gone and the only remains of the track on Parramatta
road is the dark tar covering it up.

It was an unmarked crossing that is, so I'd imagine any kind of train
passing would have someone stop the traffic first!

Anyone out there who has any pictures (I'm sure there's one lurking
somewhere here)

Hope this helps
Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

In article <c%R86.3846$65.22884@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,
  "Philip Shortus" <Shortus@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> When did the duck river the siding close? (for those that don't what
this
> sidng is, it was an industrial siding running for clyde to duck river
near
> sydney's olympic park). I know some of the track is till left bu can
anyone
> tell me some info about what it was for? when it closed? when it
opened? and
> what is left?
> Thanks
> Mark