Re: Timetable tweaks endorse travel in the slow(er) lane

"Peter Tonoli" <peter@foo.medstv.unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
slrn96gjse.i1o.peter@foo.medstv.unimelb.edu.au">news:slrn96gjse.i1o.peter@foo.medstv.unimelb.edu.au...
> >Toorak road and Chapel street are really not much busier then Brunswick
>
> I also disagree with this. On most nights, especially friday & saturday,
chapel
> st is a traffic snarl. The police have been blocking it off to try to
> reduce the amount of traffic, but I think they're causing more traffic
problems.

Chapel Street at night is a traffic snarl not because of through traffic,
but because people enjoy driving down there slowly. That (for certain car
drivers) is part of its appeal - a kind of car promenade. Doesn't do much to
help the trams though.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia