Re: Monachist TVMs

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:03:35 +1100, "iyb" <iyb@dingoblue.net.au>
wrote:

>One only has to look at the way that they conduct themselves at soccer
>matches and other sporting fixtures.

Yes - that's disgusting - but these fixtures have been hijacked by
mobs of "supporters" bent on causing mayhem, and controlled with
precision by ringleaders using mobile phones. Most English people have
no part of this, and are decent folk.

>Didn`t the Royals cut peoples heads off?

Yes, they did - but hundreds of years ago. At that time, the whole
world was a far more brutal place, not just England. Look at the sort
of things the Spanish got up to. Incidentally, precisely that sort of
thing continues apace all over the world to this day, and until
recently in Europe itself (Bosnia, Kosovo, etc.). do you hate Russians
because of the Antics of Stalin, Brezhnev and all the others?

>After all isn`t that the reason behind the forming of the CofE church so
>that could hide behind it and justify their murderous acts.

Well, I wouldn't know.

As far as Northern Ireland goes, there's no easy solution IMHO. People
say we should "get out" (as if NI is populated by English) and maybe
that's right (I personally don't care as long as the killing stops)
but whatever happens, you end up with terrorism from one faction or
the other. Do you want Loyalist violence for a re-unification (with
UK) of an Irish NI, with bombs going off in Dublin and Limerick or
Nationalist violence for a re-unification (with Eire) of a British NI
and bombs going off in Derry and Belfast? Take your pick. I think the
province is going to be a basket case for many years to come, once
everyone realizes that the current "peace process" will not lead to a
united Ireland.

The day the majority of the population of a place is in favour of a
change is the day that change should be made.

Tom (the Pom)
W Sussex, UK