Re: Monachist TVMs

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:03:53 +1100, "iyb" <iyb@dingoblue.net.au>
wrote:

>Maybe you need a history lesson on how hateful the poms are.

How hateful the poms are??  If you were to  come to  London or any
other big city  over here, you'd see that we're one of the most
tolerant societies there is. It's true there's some racial disharmony
(as there is everywhere) but, considering the number of different
ethnic groups living here, life remains pretty much trouble-free from
that point of view. Look at all the East European (and other)
"refugees" we house and feed. Thousands arrive every month, and nearly
all get looked after at the taxpayer's expense. We're a bloody soft
touch.

>I am I can assure not in the least bit racist.

Then why label poms as hateful? It's like us saying Irishmen are thick
(I know they're not).

>However,these people sent good citizens ,their own citizens for a life of
>banishment for doing nothing more than try to feed their families.

Weren't some of them murderers and rapists? And didn't these very
people help found your wonderful country.

>I suppose the article in the SMH about the poms hiding the facts about mad
>cow disease and exporting and not telling anybody the very feed linked to
>that disease are wrong and racists as well,oh thats right they can say and
>do what they like.

That's nothing to do with being poms (or any other race). It's exactly
the sort of thing big business does the world over. I don't suppose
the story of the Belgian scandal involving toxic mineral oil being put
into mayonnaise sent all over Europe ever reached your shores?

>I am sorry that I do not want to have anything to do with such a class
>driven deceitful race such as them.

Get out of the dark ages. The only people who are are particularly
interested in class are extremist from the working and upper classes
(what remains of them). Most of us are just out to  earn a crust, and
that's pretty difficult these days.

>And for the record I am Irish decent

Decent Irish, or Irish descent?

> and look at how they starved them

Wasn't the famine caused by the Irish reliance on just one crop,
namely potatoes, and the subsequent  decimation of that crop  by
potato blight?

>how many died as a result of those actions.

What you ought to do, mate, is to judge people as you find them and
not make  sweeping generalizations. I  thought everyone got a fair go
in Aus?? It's a shame because I think Australia's a great place, and
everyone I've met there has been really friendly. How would *you*
respond to a pom you meet in the street? Kick his head in?

Anyway, all of this has nothing to do with railways.

Tom (the Pom)
W Sussex, UK