Re: Beating the Odds (was: 5 Dead in XPT accident)

There's been similar blitzes for pedestrians at Glenhuntly. One night last
week I noticed cars weaving between the booms; not sure what was going on, I
wasn't close enough to see if they were being directed.

>From memory the incident with the police car listed below was at Ormond. It
was the pm peak - it waited for a stopping train, then got hit by an
express. I have sympathy because I know the cops were going to an emergency,
but really the driver should have known better.

At another station with a similar layout - it might have been Bentleigh - a
few years ago, some guy with loud music playing from his headphones skipped
through the emergency gates without looking and got cleaned up by a train.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au

"Paul Nicholson" <pn1@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
Nh_c6.11737$65.64304@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:Nh_c6.11737$65.64304@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Heatherdale station (Melbourne suburban network) is a location where
> sometimes four or five trains can pass through without the booms raising.
> I've seen it all in more than 20 years of commuting from Heatherdale.
Mostly
> pedestrians running across rather than wait for the second train to pass
but
> occasionally a car will do the Z shape weave between the booms.
Fortunately,