Re: Canberra = CityRail?

<petercook2705@my-deja.com> wrote in message
948nuc$p2j$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:948nuc$p2j$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> I'd probably run it via the Airport Line, stopping at International and
> Domestic, and terminate the service on Platform 21 or 23 at Central.
>
> Why not provide a direct link from Canberra and the Southern Highlands
> to Sydney Airport?  Running it via AL would probably only add 4-5
> minutes compared to Sydenham, but it would be worth it when you
> consider the additional passenger loadings that would occur with a
> direct airport link.

And why would you catch a train to Sydney airport from Canberra, when the
CBR-SYD addon is only in the vicinity of $80 (to most international
airfares), which admittedly is more than the train fare, but with the
airfare addon, you get the advantage of through-checking your baggage, so
you do not have to worry about it in Sydney, seat allocation in CBR for your
international flight, etc.

Dave