Re: Canberra = CityRail?

I'd probably run it via the Airport Line, stopping at International and
Domestic, and terminate the service on Platform 21 or 23 at Central.

Why not provide a direct link from Canberra and the Southern Highlands
to Sydney Airport?  Running it via AL would probably only add 4-5
minutes compared to Sydenham, but it would be worth it when you
consider the additional passenger loadings that would occur with a
direct airport link.

However, in order to maximise the benefit of such a service, you'd
probably want to stop it at Moss Vale, (possibly Bowral), Mittagong and
Picton as well.

Methinks it's time to build more Endeavour sets.  Hopefully, they will
be smart and ditch the fixed seating this time.

MrPC

In article <9NQ96.107$Mp.12430@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
  "keith malcolm" <kmalcolm@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Maurie Daly <mauried@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> 3a67d160.24139637@can-news.tpg.com.au">news:3a67d160.24139637@can-news.tpg.com.au...
> > On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:49:18 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
> > Bromage) wrote:

Melbourne,

> > >I hope not. The limited express Xplorer is okay, but I don't want a
> > >stopping all signals Endeavour!
> > >
> > >Canberra deserves a more frequent service, but CityRail isn't it.
> > >
> > >Cheers
> > >David
> >
> > What is then.
> > Id far prefer a more frequent service at reasonable times whoever
> > provides it.
> > I cant see Countrylink ever providing a more frequent service .
> > At least Cityrail has the rollingstock to do it.
> > It would be necessary to get rid of the hopeless electric staff
> > working and introduce something better, maybe TO to start with.
> >
> > Canberra is the same distance from Sydney as is Albury - Wodonga is
> > from Melb and therefore should get at least 10 trains a day based on
> > the population differential.
> > If a Canberra - Sydney service had  a minimal number of stops ,eg
> > Sydney - Cambeltown - Bowral- Moss Vale - Goulburn - Canberra, it
just
> > might attract some customers.
> >
> > MD
> >

> A better stopping pattern would be Canberra, Queanbeyan, Bungendore,
Tarago,
> Goulburn then express to Central. With sensible conections (I know,
highly
> unlikely but you never know) to Cityrail trains at Goulburn to
service the
> Southern Highlands you should be able to keep the stops on the branch
and
> still save a considerable amount of time.
>
> Dave Malcolm

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/