Re: Canberra = CityRail?

<petercook2705@my-deja.com> wrote in message
953ebg$d3m$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:953ebg$d3m$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> With a Limited Stops service (and no extra funds for safeworking
> upgrades Joppa-Canberra), I can see about 8 reasons:
>
> Bungendore, Tarago, Goulburn, Bundanoon, Moss Vale, Bowral, Mittagong
> and Picton.
>
> Patronage in the Southern Highlands is growing, and a direct service to
> the CBD, while certainly necessitating the construction of additional
> rollingstock, would make the service much more accessible and
> attractive to potential passengers from that area...
>
> Just because convenient connections are provided at Campbelltown
> doesn't mean people are happy about changing from a nice, fast, clean-
> ish diesel to a skungy, slow suburban electric.

None of the above has any relevance to what you originally posted (and to
what I replied to) - provision of Canberra to Sydnay Airport services. I
agree with all of what you are saying, but your *original* post was that
CityRail services from Canberra should go through SYD airport, and that is
what I commented on. There is no reason for them to do so, the patronage
from other stations en route would be negligible, and it would probably be
in the best interests of those originating from Bundanoon and south thereof
to go to Canberra and fly to Sydney (better seat allocation, etc).

Dave