Re: TGV vans withdrawn from

"John Coyle" <nospam@newsranger.com> wrote in message
news:3mlF6.3871$QV4.327139@www.newsranger.com...
> In article <3AE57723.C098049C@enternet.com.au>, Chris Brownbill says...
> >

> Cris, no, I was refering to the mixed train run by VIARAIL to Lynn Lake,
which
> is a branch off the Churchill line. Check the latest VIARAIL timetable for
> details. Sorry to see the Moosoonee has been cut out.
>
> I don't intent to waste my time on trying to restore the Yarak mixed. I
have
> written a series of letters to QR, the minister for transport, Qld
Coalition,
> rtc. As A lobyist, I will move on to other issues. However, I have urged
the Qld
> ARHS to investigate the concept of putting a couple of cars onto the
Yaraka
winter
> school holidays, next year. I have been told, though, that any cars must
be
> steel, and not wood, and on the front of the train, ex BNE.

Wonder how much it'd cost to charter a few A/C carriages to put on the
Yaraka Goods. I wonder how many spare A/C carriages are left when The
Westlander, Sunlander, Queenslander, Spirit of the Outback and Spirit of the
Tropics are out and about. I wonder if there are any spare carriages sitting
at Townsville used in the Inlander consist. I wonder if I will stop saying I
wonder :-).

The consist would have to comprise of a Power Car, Baggage Car, Economy
Sitter, Economy Sleeper, Diner. I doubt QR would attach the A/C carriages to
the rear of a freight mainly due to time constraints and also the matter of
practicality. Where would they shunt the A/C carriages on to the freight? I
think the easy way would be to attach the carriages to the rear of the
Spirit of the Outback (that'd stretch the limit of Roma Street's Platform
10) and then detach them at Emerald ready to be shunted on to the Yaraka
Goods the next day.

hrmm ... but either way it is expensive for the ARHS to do so we'll have to
wait and see.