Re: TGV vans withdrawn from "Mixed" trains in Qld

John_member@newsranger.com (John Coyle) wrote in
<ec3C6.6423$FY5.509140@www.newsranger.com>:

>I have had direct advice from QR management that the TGV vans that WERE
>used on the Hughenden-Winton and Rockhampton-Yaraka "Mixed" trains have
>been withdrawn from service as being UNSAFE for passenger use! QR have
>"backed away" from their amazing claim that it would cost over $250,00
>to fit a retention toilet in a TGV! Vaughan Johnson MLA has said that he
>will ask a question in the Queensland Parliament about the QR "Golden
>Dunny" matter.

Hrm... Economic rationalism begins to bite... Watch out over the next
couple of years for company restructures, infrastructure rationalisation,
new working conditions, and reduced services. :/

At least you didn't get Simon Lane as the CEO though...

MK.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".