Re: TGV vans withdrawn from

In article <3ad907db_2@news01.one.net.au>, tony bailey says...

Tony, and all, the strange thing is, I was told by QR that the Yaraka would
operate from Rockhampton, as I had suggested, but that passengers would be
banned! I rang QR, only to have the manager that I had written to, answer the
phone himself. He said that he "didn't have any idea", how ANYBODY could travel
to Yaraka, now that the ban on passengers is in effect! Pointing out that people
from overseas and throughout Australia were being attracted to the Yaraka train,
was LOST on him! Worse still, once I made a "fuss" via letters and a Media
Release that the train is STILL RUNNING, QR withdrew the TGV's for "safety"
reasons. Amazing!
I have suggested to the ARHS in Qld that they TRY and have a sleeping car
attached to the Brisbane-Yaraka freight during the Winter School Holidays next
year, so that rail fans like ME, can have a chance to ride a "Mixed" on the
line, RATHER than an EXPENSIVE tour train. NSW and other fans may like to
contact the Qld ARHS and offer support for the idea.