Re: TGV vans withdrawn from

John Coyle wrote:

> In article <3ad907db_2@news01.one.net.au>, tony bailey says...
> >

> Tony, and all, the strange thing is, I was told by QR that the Yaraka would
> operate from Rockhampton, as I had suggested, but that passengers would be
> banned! I rang QR, only to have the manager that I had written to, answer the
> phone himself. He said that he "didn't have any idea", how ANYBODY could travel
> to Yaraka, now that the ban on passengers is in effect! Pointing out that people
> from overseas and throughout Australia were being attracted to the Yaraka train,
> was LOST on him! Worse still, once I made a "fuss" via letters and a Media
> Release that the train is STILL RUNNING, QR withdrew the TGV's for "safety"
> reasons. Amazing!

The person I spake with said that all of a sudden, QR Traveltrain was lumbered with
responsibility for the car.  For them to continue running it, it needed to be
upgraded to Traveltrain's minimum standards, including Air Conditioning, and a staff
member on the train.  Retention toilets would also be required.  This was cost
prohibitive.  The TGV still runs on the train as Drover's accomodation when the
train is carrying cattle.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au