Re: M>Train Refurbs

In article <3ade6530_2@news01.one.net.au>, Rail Roamer wrote:
> It's alot harder to detect and fight a fire in a a small enclosed unit than
> what it is on a open floor. Also you get the real bright sparks that put lit
> ciggie butts in there and can smoulder for an hour or two before going up in
> flames, yet the paper that is spread around and in the open is alot easier
> to see on fire or smouldering.

If they were designed properly then lack of oxygen supplied to the bin
should prevent fires.  I recall V/Line trains having bins but they may
be better staffed.  I haven't seen many people smoke on a train either,
even those who look like they don't care don't tend to smoke on the train.

Perhaps paper recycling bins at stations would be better though (most
people would probably use them).

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837