Re: M>Train Refurbs

Peter Parker <parkerp@alphalink.com.au> wrote in article
<3ada1d96@news.alphalink.com.au>:

>On a related topic (being from WA) I'm suprised that they allow eating
>on Melbourne trains.

Good idea. They should also install bins on trains to cope.

>  And as for those MX and Melbourne express papers, these contribute
>disproportionately
> to the mess in carriages, especially at the end of the day.

On my way home I will always pick up an MX to read if someone's left it
neatly on the seat. I also return the favour with my morning paper, by
leaving it neatly for someone else to read (if a passenger doesn't pick it
up by the other end, the driver usually does). Why waste it by throwing it
out?

>I wonder who
>would be liable if a
>half-blind passenger slipped on one and injured themselves (Vaughan???).

People who make a mess by throwing pages and carelessly dropping newspapers
on the floor should have the book thrown at them for littering.

>At the very least,
>the train companies should insist that these papers have spine staples
>before
>allowing them to be given away at stations - this would cut the mess by
>75%.

Good idea for the povvo papers, bit hard for the papers like The Age (would
be nice though)

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME