Re: M>Train Refurbs

DJ <someone@optus.com> wrote in message
J9fC6.47374$Xx3.263404@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au">news:J9fC6.47374$Xx3.263404@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au...
> Theses mmmmmm trains are a disgrace, it looks like the least possible
amount
> of money was spent on the refurb project.

I suppose they didn't want to spend too much on things that will get
vandalised anyway.

On a related topic (being from WA) I'm suprised that they allow eating on
Melbourne trains.
  And as for those MX and Melbourne express papers, these contribute
disproportionately
 to the mess in carriages, especially at the end of the day. I wonder who
would be liable if a
half-blind passenger slipped on one and injured themselves (Vaughan???).
At the very least,
the train companies should insist that these papers have spine staples
before
allowing them to be given away at stations - this would cut the mess by 75%.

Peter