Re: Remove City Loop trains from Burnley group lines

Peter <railvic@iprimus.com.au> wrote in article
<3ACDB46C.52E169B@iprimus.com.au>:

>> Which brings me to my next point, why should peopl travelling from
>> Daimaru to Geelong, at 1630 on a weekday, have to catch a train from
>> Museum to either North Melbourne or Richomnd, then change to a train
>> to Spencer St, then change to another train to Geelong?
>
>Dave, at the time you specified above, one can go from any Loop station
>to North Melbourne by catching the Northern group (Broadmeadows, St.
>Albans, Upfield & Werribee lines) services operated by M>Trains
>(formerly Bayside Trains).  As for changing to another train to Geelong,
>suburban electrificiation ends at Werribee, therefore, if you don't
>change to a V/Line train, you wouldn't go very far past Werribee.

Peter, I think what Dave Proctor is trying to say is, that he has to catch
two suburban trains just to catch the Geelong train from Spencer Street.

I think this is a valid point. (Even if the Geelong train does stop at
Footisgrey and/or Werribee).

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME