Re: Remove City Loop trains from Burnley group lines

"Peter" <railvic@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
3ACDB46C.52E169B@iprimus.com.au">news:3ACDB46C.52E169B@iprimus.com.au...
> Dave Proctor wrote:
> > Which brings me to my next point, why should peopl travelling from
Daimaru
> > to Geelong, at 1630 on a weekday, have to catch a train from Museum to
> > either North Melbourne or Richomnd, then change to a train to Spencer
St,
> > then change to another train to Geelong?
>
> Dave, at the time you specified above, one can go from any Loop station
> to North Melbourne by catching the Northern group (Broadmeadows, St.
> Albans, Upfield & Werribee lines) services operated by M>Trains
> (formerly Bayside Trains).  As for changing to another train to Geelong,

Not all V/Line trains stop at North Melbourne.

> > Surely a city the size of Melboring should have a service between all
CIty
> > stations at all hours of the day?
>
> Yes, we do and it is City Circle Trams which is free also.

The City Circle tram only runs from 10am to 3pm on weekdays at the moment.
In the past it has never run before 10am.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au