Re: Remove City Loop trains from Burnley group lines

"Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
v9gz6.359$pO2.9393@ozemail.com.au">news:v9gz6.359$pO2.9393@ozemail.com.au...
> Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> FGez6.129792$lj4.3936402@news6.giganews.com">news:FGez6.129792$lj4.3936402@news6.giganews.com...
> <snip>
> > Funnily, it doesn't happen in Sydney, as an example, travelling from
> > Ashfield to Museum, people stay on the train and travel around the City
> > Circle, rather than change at Central onto a train which is next stop
> > Museum.
>
> I'll nearly always change in peak hour to take the shorter route to Town
Hall
> or Museum because it's always quicker (I suspect this behaviour has
something
> to do with being a member of the "instant gratification" society).  I
doubt
> I'm the only one but I'm not a regular city traveller either.
>
> Far less likely to do it on an outward journey, I'll usually only do it
where
> I have a reasonable chance of beating the train I've just missed to
Central by
> taking the shorter route.

But you see hardly any of it. When I park my car at Lewisham, and I find
myself near Museum, I will never taka train to Centralin order to change to
a train to Lewisham. Of course, if I park my car at Penrityh I wil take the
quickest train to Central and get the train from there, if I have to change
once, it might as well be at Central.

Which brings me to my next point, why should peopl travelling from Daimaru
to Geelong, at 1630 on a weekday, have to catch a train from Museum to
either North Melbourne or Richomnd, then change to a train to Spencer St,
then change to another train to Geelong?

Surely a city the size of Melboring should have a service between all CIty
stations at all hours of the day?

Dave