Re: Remove City Loop trains from Burnley group lines

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
FGez6.129792$lj4.3936402@news6.giganews.com">news:FGez6.129792$lj4.3936402@news6.giganews.com...
<snip>
> Funnily, it doesn't happen in Sydney, as an example, travelling from
> Ashfield to Museum, people stay on the train and travel around the City
> Circle, rather than change at Central onto a train which is next stop
> Museum.

I'll nearly always change in peak hour to take the shorter route to Town Hall
or Museum because it's always quicker (I suspect this behaviour has something
to do with being a member of the "instant gratification" society).  I doubt
I'm the only one but I'm not a regular city traveller either.

Far less likely to do it on an outward journey, I'll usually only do it where
I have a reasonable chance of beating the train I've just missed to Central by
taking the shorter route.

Chris