Re: [MELB] City Loop issues

"Peter" <railvic@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
3ACD137A.B32C329B@iprimus.com.au">news:3ACD137A.B32C329B@iprimus.com.au...

> Well Dave, even if the stopping time at Flinders Street is reduced to
> less than 2 minutes, I wish you luck convince those Loop customers not
> to change at Richmond for direct service instead travel through Flinders
> Street before arriving in City Loop.  How about those using Parliament
> station?  I'm sure they will change at Richmond and take the 2 minute
> trip instead of the detour.  As I have mentioned before, removing City
> Loop service from Burnley group during morning peak will be a customer
> relation disaster!!  Besides, why single out Burnley group, when it is
> the busiest group in Melbourne?  How about Caulfield group go clockwise
> around Loop all day??  Thank goodness such a suggestion is highly
> unlikely to happen.

The reason the Burnley loop was singled out is because it is on the same
level as the Northern loop, so you can trains on one level going one way
(Parliament to Flagstaff) and trains on the other level going the other way
(Flagstaff to Parliament).

Anyway Mr Know It All, perhaps you can come up with an effective way of
providing services between Flinders/Spencer Sts and the loop when they do
not currently exist (Sts to Loop in the morning, Loop to Sts in the
afternoon and evening).

Dave