> > Stacy,
> >
> > From your e-mail address, obviously you're studying and/or working at
> > RMIT (assuming City campus).  No doubt you have read other messages
> > posted by various people on the City Loop issues.  A couple of those
> > messages have indicated that Burnley group trains should run direct to
> > Flinders Street all day long.  If you happen to live in an eastern
> > suburb, how will you feel that you no longer have direct access to the
> > Loop during morning peak, unless you change at Richmond?  All I can say
> > is there will be a lot of angry customers affected by this change,
> > including many go to RMIT!
>
> And one thing you have not addressed was Vaughan's comment that if the stop
> at Flinders St is reduced to 1 or 2 minutes, then there will be no
> difference in journey times to Flagstaff and only a minute or two longer to
> Melbourne Central. Will a minute or two longer journey times result in
> masses of people changing at Richmond? I don't think it would, as the time
> taken to change will negate this.
>
> Dave

Well Dave, even if the stopping time at Flinders Street is reduced to
less than 2 minutes, I wish you luck convince those Loop customers not
to change at Richmond for direct service instead travel through Flinders
Street before arriving in City Loop.  How about those using Parliament
station?  I'm sure they will change at Richmond and take the 2 minute
trip instead of the detour.  As I have mentioned before, removing City
Loop service from Burnley group during morning peak will be a customer
relation disaster!!  Besides, why single out Burnley group, when it is
the busiest group in Melbourne?  How about Caulfield group go clockwise
around Loop all day??  Thank goodness such a suggestion is highly
unlikely to happen.

Peter