Re: [MELB] City Loop issues

"Peter" <railvic@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
3ACD032B.AF087899@iprimus.com.au">news:3ACD032B.AF087899@iprimus.com.au...
> Stacy,
>
> From your e-mail address, obviously you're studying and/or working at
> RMIT (assuming City campus).  No doubt you have read other messages
> posted by various people on the City Loop issues.  A couple of those
> messages have indicated that Burnley group trains should run direct to
> Flinders Street all day long.  If you happen to live in an eastern
> suburb, how will you feel that you no longer have direct access to the
> Loop during morning peak, unless you change at Richmond?  All I can say
> is there will be a lot of angry customers affected by this change,
> including many go to RMIT!

And one thing you have not addressed was Vaughan's comment that if the stop
at Flinders St is reduced to 1 or 2 minutes, then there will be no
difference in journey times to Flagstaff and only a minute or two longer to
Melbourne Central. Will a minute or two longer journey times result in
masses of people changing at Richmond? I don't think it would, as the time
taken to change will negate this.

Dave