Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39cf7b0a$0$26540$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39cf7b0a$0$26540$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "William Miller" <backtran@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > OK, so everybody's experience is different. I was expressing a view to
get
> > some balance to the what seems like a continuous flow of negatism about
the
> > thing. The fact that it is a personal view (what other can I have?) is
> > irrelevant.
>
> I think most people would like to see it go ahead, I certainly would, I
just
> don't think they'll get the numbers they're claiming they'll get -
especially
> not now that there are 4 airlines offering cheap fares. I also don't think
that
> the Australian taxpayer will get any return from it.

They are not asking the Australian taxpayer to contribute any funds. They
are asking the Australian taxpayer to forego taxation revenue from the
project, revenue which the Australian taxpayer will not get anyway if the
project does not go ahead. Either way, the Australian taxpayer is in exactly
the same position.

Dave