Re: Latest news on Speedrail

"William Miller" <backtran@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:39cf1e37$0
> OK, so everybody's experience is different. I was expressing a view to get
> some balance to the what seems like a continuous flow of negatism about the
> thing. The fact that it is a personal view (what other can I have?) is
> irrelevant.

I think most people would like to see it go ahead, I certainly would, I just
don't think they'll get the numbers they're claiming they'll get - especially
not now that there are 4 airlines offering cheap fares. I also don't think that
the Australian taxpayer will get any return from it.

> My experience of air travel in this country (I fly about twice a month) is
> that around 40-50% of flights experience some kind of delay. Of course the
> airlines are very good at palming this off (better than rail).It may not be
> *your* experience but it is certainly
> *mine*.

It's about 5 years since I've been on a domestic flight, but it wasn't delayed
either way. The times I've been overseas and return I've never had a problem
either, yet every day I get delayed by the XPT and exploders.

> I am definetly not the *only* one! Of course the gample is,will Australians
> take to it like Europeans?

We won't find out for many years to come.