Re: Line beyond......

But isn't there a big straight section somewhere just before Bomaderry that
could be re-signposted?? just a simple mod like that could save a lot of
time. I've always wondered why they never bothered to put in the white speed
boards

--
----------
Paul Jones

"Hunslet" <hunslet@cia.com.au> wrote in message
39CB25C3.CE9B9B57@cia.com.au">news:39CB25C3.CE9B9B57@cia.com.au...

> David Johnson wrote:
>

> > > Is any general track upgrading part of this project? I always used to
be
> > > mystified as to why trains were so slow between Wollongong and Kiama,
> > > although the curves and grades are mostly quite gentle. One of my
hobbies
> > > used to be matching the curve and gradient diagrams against a table of
max
> > > speeds on curves, to get a theoretical speed (a rough and ready
exercise,
> > > since I paid no regard to gradients). Wollongong-Kiama non stop (max
speed
> > > 70mph) came to about 23 minutes.
> > > The present timetable is a little faster than it was 30 years ago, but
not
> > > that much.
> >
> > The maximum track speed for 145 km/h Endeavours is 100 km/h.
> >

> There was a proposal to increase the track speed for Endeavour sets south
of
> Kiama (with electrification to Kiama), so as to permit a
Kiama-Bomaderry-Kiama