Re: Line beyond......

Is any general track upgrading part of this project? I always used to be
mystified as to why trains were so slow between Wollongong and Kiama,
although the curves and grades are mostly quite gentle. One of my hobbies
used to be matching the curve and gradient diagrams against a table of max
speeds on curves, to get a theoretical speed (a rough and ready exercise,
since I paid no regard to gradients). Wollongong-Kiama non stop (max speed
70mph) came to about 23 minutes.
The present timetable is a little faster than it was 30 years ago, but not
that much.
Cheers, Geoff