Re: Line beyond......

>>>>> "Geoff" == geoff dawson <geoffrey.dawson@aph.gov.au> writes:

Geoff> The present [Wollongong--Kiama] timetable is a little faster than it
Geoff> was 30 years ago, but not that much.

I was in Kiama today (taking advantage of the increased train frequency during
the Olympics) and in the Pilot's Cottage Museum there is a copy of a timetable
from 1900.  Comparing it with the Olympic timetable, today's trains are:

- 10 minutes faster Kiama-Dapto
- ~1 hour faster Kiama-Sydney
- Vastly more frequent (3 trains a day in 1900)

The time to Dapto surprised me.  Hasn't anything been done to that line in a
century?

Malcolm