Re: [NSW] Olympic Timetable, Day 1 report (Northern Line, Olympic Park Metro) plus some sightings

in essence it is a very good timetable, with Berala and Regent's Park
not in operation it simplifies the network and also the East Hills
trains running through the Airport as well.

With the very generous timing, nobody will realise the extra one-minute
stop at major locations such as Strathfield or Central, but will be
very glad that the train runs early, departs on time (i.e. waits until
it's time!)

personally i give it a 95% rating.

In article <UDJv5.3297$SN6.115444@news4.giganews.com>,
  "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> kpJv5.16026$cr3.416597@ozemail.com.au">news:kpJv5.16026$cr3.416597@ozemail.com.au...
> > The 0620 Katoomba - Central service was standing room only from
Glenbrook
> > (with numerous standees), very well loaded on departure from Emu
Plains
> and
> > chockas on departure from Penrith.  A few women who boarded at
Glenbrook
> and
> > Emu Plains had a real good whinge about having to stand and extra
stops.

> > The 7 or so other Mountains trains I saw this afternoon/evening
were all
> > close to time.
> >
> > A little extra running time and service segregation/isolation has
worked
> > wonders for day 1 of an untried timetable.  Only 1 day down but
looks
> > promising.
>
> I wonder if they will use this timetable as a template for P-O
timetable
> revisions. (minus the high intensity Olympic Park services, of
course).

> Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.