Re: Stepbacks and Meal Reliefs

8pmdpj$pdj$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8pmdpj$pdj$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > Just as a matter of interest on average how much time do you get for
> > meal reliefs, what we in the UK call "grub".
>
> QR varies depending on the type of crew.
> Non-suburban:-
> 3 man crew (rare) = 20 mins.
> 2 man crew = 20 mins.
> 2 driver crew = 30 mins
> Driver only = 30 mins (freight)
> Driver only = 10 mins. (Passenger)
>
> Suburban:-
> 20 min meal, 10 min stress break, 15 min prep. = 45 mins.

Lets make sure I've got this right. Are the times you mentioned above
for meal reliefs. Ten minutes for driver only seems terribly short.

> What is a "Step back"?

When you get off one train (not for a meal relief) and then pick up
another train either in the same or opposite direction.

Regards

Frank

> Matt Smith
> Brisbane, Australia
>
> Email - mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au
>
> Notice - All comments and opinions made herein are that of the author
only
> and do not represent the official view of QR. All text included in
this post
> (and/or reply) is copyright to the author. This message may not be
> reproduced in whole or in part without the express written permission
of the
> author.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.