" Ian" <iansmith@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
39bb225c$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39bb225c$0$26533$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Pxqu5.72826$g53.1243150@news5.giganews.com">news:Pxqu5.72826$g53.1243150@news5.giganews.com...
> > "Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
> > 8FAAE46A0gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:8FAAE46A0gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
> > > daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au (Dave Proctor) wrote in

> > > I'm glad that Optus@Home's news server is one of these servers you
> > mention,
> > > that strips out binaries from non-binary groups.
> > >
> > > At least then I don't have to put up with wasting a second or two to
> > > download large binaries. Oh oops, I'm using cable. As for those who
use
> > > modem (including me part time) - then it takes forever (:
> >
> > Agreed - I am going to ADSL soon, so it will not take me long to
download
> > it. But most of the people who cannot otherwise get broadband won't be
> able
> > to get ADSL either, so they will be stuck with dialup, and slow
doanloads.

Not necessarily. You do not know how those people going to broadband will
free up the dialup network and bandwidth.

> > > In all seriousness, it's bad netiquette to post binaries to non
binaries
> > > groups, but since this newsgroup has gone to the dogs,
> >
> > It has, and I have been a part of that, but I do not think I have
> initiated
> > any of it, most of what I have done has been in response to provocation.
> > Perhaps if people like Tezza could take their railway and government and
> > union bashing off to aus.politics (most of us here don't really want to
> hear
> > about how the union has sat on its hands and allowed stupid conditions
> go
> > through, we want to hear about the trains), and if Ian could head off to
> > alt.flame, where his non-contributory posts (isn't that all fo them?)
> would
> > be at home, this newsgroups could get back to what it is supposed to be
> > about.
> >
> > > I really don't give
> > > a stuff any more, unless everyone is prepared to help bring the group
> back
> > > to standard (which won't happen - see aus.net.access - that's where
this
> > > group is headed it seems).
> >
> > It could happen.
> >
> > Dave
> > This crap that your mate Kurkowski posted in 'Test' doesn't help your
case
> much does it?

Some silly little posturing child such as you, who cannot even get the most
basic stuff right, gets absolutely no say whatsoever on anything to do with
this newsgroup.

> Tezza is quite correct in what  he says.

Wota wanka.

> I fully support him.

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant