Re: Old pic of Central

daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au (Dave Proctor) wrote in
<hmlu5.72361$g53.1231583@news5.giganews.com>:

>And if you were one of the people who use news servers that strip
>binaries from non-binaries groups, you would be wondering why there was
>nothing in the file.

I'm glad that Optus@Home's news server is one of these servers you mention,
that strips out binaries from non-binary groups.

At least then I don't have to put up with wasting a second or two to
download large binaries. Oh oops, I'm using cable. As for those who use a
modem (including me part time) - then it takes forever (:

In all seriousness, it's bad netiquette to post binaries to non binaries
groups, but since this newsgroup has gone to the dogs, I really don't give
a stuff any more, unless everyone is prepared to help bring the group back
to standard (which won't happen - see aus.net.access - that's where this
group is headed it seems).

MK

--
Michael Kurkowski [email: michael DOT kurkowski AT gunzel DOT net]

http://www.gunzel.net
ICQ: 1459118

etc etc etc. apathy prevents me from writing this quote.