Re: Old pic of Central

"Railway Rasputin3" <jamesccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
39b9d916$0$26544$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39b9d916$0$26544$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> magilla gorilla <choochoo72@mailcity.com> wrote in message
> 39B9D4C4.7B5DB47A@mailcity.com">news:39B9D4C4.7B5DB47A@mailcity.com...
> > I thought others would like historical photos and I gave the site, I
> should have
> > converted it to a .jpg. but I don't see any rules about what I can and
> can't post so if
> > you don't like it I don't give a shit. I will post anything else that I
> think others
> > would be interested in.
> >  I will refren from abusing you too God ummm sorry  trainman
> >
> There's no rule against anyone post pic file. But some people espeically
> deja news reader will get a lot of weird codes when they open this
message,
> also they won't be able to see the picture.

Actually, there is. Binaries should be posted to binaries groups, or better
still, uploaded to one of the miriad of free websites available and the URL
published.

> no problem with Outlook express thou, I enjoy the picture:-) > Cheers

And if you were one of the people with ISP's with download limits, you would
be cursing that someone posted a file that was approaching 1MB, representing
a large portion of your monthly limit.

Also, if you were one of the people dialling long distance (or the absurd $7
per hour for BigPond Rural Connect) you would be cursing because of the
extra few minutes (in phone charges) that it takes to download the file,
when it should not have been there in the first place.

And if you were one of the people who use news servers that strip binaries
from non-binaries groups, you would be wondering why there was nothing in
the file.

Dave