Re: Griffith/Canberra Xplorer and Ms DVA

I wonder where this train divides.

The Griiffith portion of the DVA is listed as first stop Moss Vale but the
Canberra portion is listed as first stop Moss Vale.

The DVA is misleading, the Canberra bit is an afterthought and the Griiffith
bit should be embarrassing. I wonder if anyone in C/link management have
heard this announcement? (probably not)

This comes from a company who spends thousands of dollars on a crappy blurry
new logo (which is very similar to the old one) and new announcements simply
becuase the old voice had a temper tantrum and they wanted to be PC and have
a female voice (hence Ms DVA)..

Is the voice much improved?

* chimes * Me (super long pause)..........thinks (super new
pause)..........not.

Eric
www.erk.au.com
erk@erkV69.au.com
(Remove the V69 to reply)

Railwavs wrote in message <8pcsf5$vtt$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au>...
|Remember how State Rail spent lots of money updating their DVA to the much
|improved, empathising female voice? Well you will be pleased to know that
|after spending all that money for a new voice, and changing nearly every
|station in the network to "female" standard, that not a single new station
|appears to have been recorded!
|
|We witnessed the passing of the inaugural Griffith/Canberra Xplorer at
|Campbelltown today. It went through at 0925 :-) The announcement that
played
|for this service was ... different. If you would like to take a listen, it
|is located at http://www.railpage.org.au/railwavs/ in the
Sydney/Countrylink
|section.
|
|Regards,