Re: Griffith/Canberra Xplorer and Ms DVA

> The DVA is misleading, the Canberra bit is an afterthought and the
Griiffith
> bit should be embarrassing. I wonder if anyone in C/link management have
> heard this announcement? (probably not)

I am doubting that Countrylink management would know (or care) that this
announcement is taking place. Countrylink are so committed to attention to
detail for the Griffith train that the service is still called "Griffith" on
their website even though the thing has been an Xplorer for a while now.
Countrylink staff didnt know last Thursday that the service was changing (I
made the mistake of asking for a current timetable - silly me!)

> Is the voice much improved?

Not really. In some instances it is clearer in pronounciaton, but at the
cost of the announcements being slower. I compared two files I have recorded
from Lidcombe for a Hornsby via Shore train (one Grant, the other Taylor -
same stopping patterns and words used). Taylors announcement is 3 seconds
longer than Grants. Her voice is also alot softer. While at Granville on
Saturday, her announcement could not be heard over a train that was
arriving.

> * chimes * Me (super long pause)..........thinks (super new
> pause)..........not.

I (empathise) couldn't agree (sympathise) more :-)

Glenn