Re: Old pic of Central

"Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8FAAE46A0gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:8FAAE46A0gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
> daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au (Dave Proctor) wrote in
> <hmlu5.72361$g53.1231583@news5.giganews.com>:
>
> >And if you were one of the people who use news servers that strip
> >binaries from non-binaries groups, you would be wondering why there was
> >nothing in the file.
>
> I'm glad that Optus@Home's news server is one of these servers you
mention,
> that strips out binaries from non-binary groups.
>
> At least then I don't have to put up with wasting a second or two to
> download large binaries. Oh oops, I'm using cable. As for those who use a
> modem (including me part time) - then it takes forever (:

Agreed - I am going to ADSL soon, so it will not take me long to download
it. But most of the people who cannot otherwise get broadband won't be able
to get ADSL either, so they will be stuck with dialup, and slow doanloads.

> In all seriousness, it's bad netiquette to post binaries to non binaries
> groups, but since this newsgroup has gone to the dogs,

It has, and I have been a part of that, but I do not think I have initiated
any of it, most of what I have done has been in response to provocation.
Perhaps if people like Tezza could take their railway and government and
union bashing off to aus.politics (most of us here don't really want to hear
about how the union has sat on its hands and allowed stupid conditions to go
through, we want to hear about the trains), and if Ian could head off to
alt.flame, where his non-contributory posts (isn't that all fo them?) would
be at home, this newsgroups could get back to what it is supposed to be
about.

> I really don't give
> a stuff any more, unless everyone is prepared to help bring the group back
> to standard (which won't happen - see aus.net.access - that's where this
> group is headed it seems).

It could happen.

Dave