Re: Signaller causes SPAD

Peter <pmilne@the.net.nz> wrote in message
Hwhx5.19755$cr3.505986@ozemail.com.au">news:Hwhx5.19755$cr3.505986@ozemail.com.au...

> I do not know if this was covered earlier, but are there not time delays
that
> hold the route if a signal is put to 'danger' in the face of a driver
> (operators would need the facility to put signals to 'danger' to deal with
> emergencies).

Yeah, in the case of a RIFOT, the Approach Locking will be held for two to
four
minutes, depending on the design of the area. Where the opposing signal has
been passed, your safety is longer assured.

> Surely a driver would only be expected to use best endeavours to stop if
the
> previous distant signal was 'clear'.

True. Most drivers haul on the picks because it might be an opposing train.

> Assuming computer logs are kept, it should be easy to reconstruct what
> happened after such an incident.

It is, usually. Sometimes the logs need careful interpretation.

Seeya!