Re: [NSW] Martin Place station and also old lines.

<maikha@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8su6dv$isq$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8su6dv$isq$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> <snip>
> By the way, the Royal National Park Line is now owned by the Loftus
> Tramway Museum that run trams along the line (Yes past the highway) on
> Sundays.

The line is still owned by SRA, leased by the Museum only.

> Wouldn't it be annoying for an emergency vehicle to be stopped at a
> Level Crossing while a small tram passes them?

No!  As the conductor on a trip and after receiving directions from the
driver, I jumped off the tram and waved through an ambulance that had driven
on the road shoulder past the waiting traffic.

There is an exemption in the Rail Safety Regulation 1999 ( or in the ARRs,
it's somewhere) given to the MLR trams, ie they don't have to pull over to
the side of the road for an emergency vehicle, would be a bit bloody
awkward!!

Ted