Re: [NSW] Martin Place station and also old lines.

Kewl! You were a conductor for a Tram?
It was nice of you to let the Emergency Vehicle through at the
Crossing. I had a friend of mine tell me whe he was at Parramatta Rd. a
police car (with Sirens and Lights) was waiting at the crossing.

I was also told by someone saying the trains have the right of way on a
crossing (Not like on the old TV commercial how the train stops to let
the Luxury car through!)

But anyway, yeah there is some safety regulation on trams and right of
way.

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689

n article <gmxI5.6668$e5.17230@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>,

8su6dv$isq$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8su6dv$isq$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > <snip>
> > By the way, the Royal National Park Line is now owned by the Loftus
> > Tramway Museum that run trams along the line (Yes past the highway)
on
> > Sundays.
> >
> The line is still owned by SRA, leased by the Museum only.
>
> > Wouldn't it be annoying for an emergency vehicle to be stopped at a
> > Level Crossing while a small tram passes them?
> >
> No!  As the conductor on a trip and after receiving directions from
the
> driver, I jumped off the tram and waved through an ambulance that had
driven
> on the road shoulder past the waiting traffic.
>
> There is an exemption in the Rail Safety Regulation 1999 ( or in the
ARRs,
> it's somewhere) given to the MLR trams, ie they don't have to pull
over to
> the side of the road for an emergency vehicle, would be a bit bloody
> awkward!!
>
> Ted

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.