[NSW] Martin Place station and also old lines.

To all Ausrailers....again

I also would like to ask a few things again.
Recently I was out at Martin Place Station right in the middle of the
city. As I was going through the main area and heading to the Illawarra
bound platforms I noticed hanging high above the Ticket offices a large
network map of the "Sydney Rail Network" which of course is fairly old.
I'd say it to be between 1979 (that's when Martin PLace was there!) and
1985 (Yep, dosen't Ropes Creek bring back good memories?).What I'm
trying to know is, why is it still hanging hanging high at Martin Place
today?

My second Q is on past railway lines.
I've always been curious 'bout them. Ropes Creek I live near and know
still exists so I'll leave that one but what about the old Camellia to
Sandown line?

This line has three stations (Hardies, Goodyears and Sandown) and
extneds just behind Rosehill Racecourse. Is there any history on that
line, I do know Red Rattlers use to go along that line, and that the
following 3 stations were industrial.

(By the way one of yours have an image of a few Tangara's on that line
in 1991 I think for the "Golden Slipper")

My second query is the Warwick Farm Racecourse line. That was closed in
1991, is it still there? SETS ran a tour there last Saturday.
I'm sure the crossing is gone but the line itself and also the platform
at Warwick Farm Racecourse, are they there?

and my last one is the Rockwood Cemetary line (Not quite the Cityrail
netowrk). Any 'evidence' of it still exist today? and yes SETS ran a
tour there as well also on last Saturday.
Does it run on a sort of "Loop"? I was noted that there is a siding at
Lidcombe in-front of Platform 1, that's the length of an 8car set, use
to be the line for rockwood.
But pity that line ain't electrified because we can't divert trains
through there in the case of trackwork!

Well I've gone totally overboard with this posted message. But any of
yous with answers to my queries, plase make it short, so the people who
want to insult me can have enough room :-)

Maikha "V" Ly
http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
P.S. wouldn't it be great if the Enfield goods line could be a
passenger line? Also connecting through The Chullora part to the
Bankstown line?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.