Re: Old Castle Hill branch

michael pascoe wrote in message <39ee8513@news.iprimus.com.au>...
>Goodness me, any reason why it had such a short life?

It actually had a longer life than that. It started as a steam tramway
running from Parramatta and following the main road up to Castle Hill. It
was originally built somewhat earlier in the century and when it was
converted it was criticised as a good tramway being converted into a useless
railway. The junction of the railway was moved to between Parramatta and
Westmead and the old tramway was reatined until ?1926 to Northmead. The
railway was extended to Rogans Hill and I believe there is a Terminus Street
somewhere in the area.

Barry Campbell