Re: [SA] TransAdelaide/ARTC crossing problems at Blackwood

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 19:06:19 +1100, "B." <g.
>In Victoria on the NE ABB (who sound like they've been bought by
>EDI, thus PTR) have the maintenance contract for both the FA &
>ARTC bits.
>
>As for the pole line, I'm not sure.  Certainly the VRTC still does
>some sort of Comms work in house, but I don't know whether that
>extends to maintaining the pole line.  I think you will find the
>Pole Line hasn't got much comms running on it anyway.
>
>--
>B.
>
>Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
>ICQ#  - 82329734
>Phone - long, long, short, long.

Thanks for this.
Unless things have changed dramatically, the pole line carried the CTC
control + 600 V power , plus telephone comms to Wodonga.
There was also some sort of permanent phone connection to Albury Sth
Box.
I suspect, but am not sure that it also carrieds the audio and control
to the Radio Base Stations.

MD