Re: [SA] TransAdelaide/ARTC crossing problems at Blackwood

Captain Warwick J. Somerville <marivcru@labyrinth.net.au> wrote in
message 39E1673E.332C544D@labyrinth.net.au">news:39E1673E.332C544D@labyrinth.net.au...
> Maurie Daly wrote:

>> This post also brings up the similar situation in Victoria re
>> the NE SG and BG lines ,of who is responsible for the common
>> infrastructure.
>> ie the level crossings, the Radio Base stations, shared
>> communications like the aerial pole route.
>> Who maintains this stuff?

> It may came under the newly form company called PTR
> P- Powerlines,
> T- Telecommunication
> R- for Rail

> Because I asked the fellow that was working at Bunbury
> Railbridge Substation for Power & Signals.
> (That was Friday 6/10/2000)
> The vehicle has a very interest icon image.

In Victoria on the NE ABB (who sound like they've been bought by
EDI, thus PTR) have the maintenance contract for both the FA &
ARTC bits.

As for the pole line, I'm not sure.  Certainly the VRTC still does
some sort of Comms work in house, but I don't know whether that
extends to maintaining the pole line.  I think you will find the
Pole Line hasn't got much comms running on it anyway.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.